Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Emotions

Showing emotions is a sign of weakness, it is not accepted in our society. It is better to lash out and destroy that what offends or hurts us...then we look tough, we are respected. We win.  What a load of BULLSH**.

It has taken me years to learn the lesson that anger is an emotion that comes from hurt. And even longer to admit that even I can be hurt (even with this awesome tough girl shell I have!)  I can admit it now ( no I don't care to elaborate ) Just wanted to share that it's ok to admit to having your feelings hurt, and its ok to let someone know they hurt you. And just because I can be hurt...doesn't mean that I have to accept their actions. And I have the right to speak and let my feelings be known as well. That forgiving someone for hurting me, does not mean I have to welcome them back into my life right away or ever.

That being said? I am truly grateful for my amazingly supportive husband who has stuck with me in this learning process, and grateful to have amazing kids who love me for who I am. Thankful for a family who loves me unconditionally and is there for me no matter what.

Just me. Trying to be real one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment